2 cloves garlic
1 c. tightly packed fresh spinach
1/2 c. roughly chopped green onions
1/2 c. roughly chopped parsley, leaves and stems
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
2 tbsp. Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueur
3/4 c. panko bread crumbs
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. coarse salt, for baking
24 fresh oysters, shucked, shells reserved
Lemon wedges, for serving
- Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 450°. Add garlic, spinach, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, butter, and Pernod to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl combine, panko, Parmesan, and oil.
- Sprinkle coarse salt over large baking sheet to depth of 1/2″. Arrange oysters in half shells in salt. Divide spinach mixture among oysters and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake until spinach mixture is bubbling and panko is deeply golden, about 8 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges alongside.